# India's First Abroad Preference
Study MBBS in Nepal
Nepal is one of the highly selected destinations for Medical Education not only by the Indian students but also by International students.
MBBS in Nepal
Studying MBBS in Nepal has become a popular choice for international students due to its affordable tuition fees, high-quality education, and cultural richness. Students who wish to pursue their MBBS in abroad are giving much attention towards Nepal as this beautiful country comes up with the standard level education, modest fee structure, and less documentation. Medical Colleges in Nepal have excellent infrastructure and state of the art facilities. The MBBS course duration in Nepal is five and a half years. The first four and half years of MBBS course is dedicated to the theoretical study of basic sciences and clinical sciences, and one year of internship. Studying medicine in Nepal also has the scope of elective study and also offers options of placement on completing the course. All the top medical colleges and universities in Nepal are as per NMC and WHO standard.. No visa is required to study MBBS in Nepal and this country offers a safe and secure environment for the students who come to pursue their education.
Some of the best medial universities in Nepal are Tribhuvan University, Kathmandu University and B.P. Koirala Institute of Health Sciences. These universities have many colleges under them that offer quality MBBS program. The MBBS admission in medical colleges affiliated to these universities will be based on the entrance test. Based on merit these institutions select candidates for MBBS admission.
Know about Nepal
Nepal is the world’s largest landlocked country and the largest country in the world. Almaty, its biggest city is the long-standing exchanging center point whose incorporate Ascension Cathedral, a tsarist-period Russian Orthodox Church, and the Central State Museum of Nepal, showing a huge number of Nepal antiquities.
Eligibility Criteria for MBBS in Nepal
The following are the minimum eligibility criteria for admission in Nepal:
- The candidate should be above 17 years and below 25 years old as on or before 31st December of the admission year.
- He/she should have passed class 12th in Science, with PCB and English subjects from a board recognized by the authorities in India.
- The candidate should have secured at least 50% in 12th with Physics, Chemistry, and Biology as the major subjects.
- SC/OBC/ST candidates must have at least 40% in 12th with the same subjects as that for the UR candidates.
- Candidates must qualify the entrance exam conducted by the medical universities in Nepal.
- Candidates must submit eligibility certificate issues by MCI.
Benefits/Why to Study MBBS in Nepal
- High-quality education and low tuition fees
- No donation or capitation fees to take MBBS admission in Nepal
- No IELTS and TOEFL are required.
- No visa is required to study MBBS in Nepal.
- Globally recognized degree.
- Excellent environment and culture.
- Students from all around the world come to study medicine in Nepal.
- All the top medical universities in Nepal are recognized by MCI and WHO.
- In Nepal, English is understood by the people and hence is used as a language for study or communication and thus dialect is not a problem in the country.
MCI approved Top Medical Universities in Nepal
Kathmandu University is an autonomous, non – governmental institution dedicated to maintain high standards of academic excellence. The MBBS admission in medical colleges in Nepal affiliated with Kathmandu University will be based on the Kathmandu University Medical Entrance Test. The university will generate a merit list based on the marks obtained by the students in the entrance test. The candidates must then apply for the medical colleges of their choice with their rank. The medical colleges will conduct an interview to select the candidates for the MBBS admission.
B.P. Koirala Institute of Health Sciences
The MBBS program of BPKIHS started in 1994,and is recognized by the Medical Council of Nepal, India and Sri Lanka. The Curriculum at B.P.Koirala Institute of Health Sciences is designed to produce caring, community oriented, conscientious & communicative doctor’s best suited to work in Nepal. Entrance examination is common for all the schemes of MBBS and BDS programs. It will be conducted by BPKIHS in its different centres of Dharan and Biratnagar. Admission will be based entirely on the merit as judged through entrance examination. BPKIHS enrolls 115 students in MBBS program andNepalese candidates will be able to compete for 60 seats.
MBBS Fees in Nepal
|College||Total Course Fee|
|Nobel Medical College, Biratnagar||55 Lakhs|
|Devdaha Medical College, Devdaha||50 Lakhs|
|Nepal Gunj Medical College, Nepalganj||56 Lakhs|
|Birat Medical College & Teaching Hospital, Biratnagar||53 Lakhs|
|Manipal College of Medical Sciences, Pokhara||58 Lakhs|
|Birat Medical College & Teaching Hospital, Biratnagar||53 Lakhs|
|Kathmandu Medical College||54 Lakhs|
|Nepal Medical College & Teaching Hospital||52 Lakh|
|Kathmandu University School of Medical Sciences (KUSMS)||47 Lakh|
|KIST Medical College, Imadol, Lalitpur||48 Lakhs|
|National Medical College, Birganj||60 Lakhs|
|Chitwan Medical College, Chitawan||52 Lakhs|
|Gandaki Medical College, Pokhara||52 Lakhs|
|Janaki Medical College, Janakpur||45 Lakhs|
RECOGNITION OF NEPAL MEDICAL UNIVERSITIES
- MCI (Medical Council of India).
- WHO (World Health Organization).
- WFME (World Federation for Medical Education).
- ECFMG (Educational Commission for Foreign Medical Graduates).
- ACGME (Accreditation Council for Graduate Medical Education).
MBBS ADMISSION IN NEPAL
Admission to MBBS in Nepal is open to all the foreign students, who are fulfilling the eligibility criteria. The applicants are not required to clear any entrance exam like TOEFL or IELTS but they must qualify the entrance exam conducted by the medical universities in Nepal. Candidates can then visit the medical college to full fill the further proceedings in the context of admission.
DOCUMENTS REQUIRED FOR MBBS ADMISSION IN NEPAL
- Duly filled application form and resume.
- Passport size photographs.
- Birth certificate.
- Class 10th & 12th mark sheets.
- Nationality Certificate.
- Eligibility Certificate from the Medical Council of the concerned country.
- Medical Certificate.
Other Abroad MBBS Destinations:
NEET PG Admission 2023 | Application Form | Important Dates | Results
PG Medical Admission In Nepal
Pave Your Way: Study MBBS In India
Information About NEET PG Counselling 2022 You Need To Know!
Nepal Top Medical Colleges
Study MBBS in Abroad
Choose from top institutions. Your Chanakya have works directly with institution.