# India's First Abroad Preference
Study MD MS In Nepal
Nepal is one of the highly selected destinations for Medical Education not only by the Indian students but also by International students.
Nepal PG Entrance test
Tentative Exam Date
Study MD MS In Nepal
MD MS in Nepal is an incredible opportunity for those Indian medical aspirants who have been looking for Medical as a desire profession. Apart from being a neighborly country, Nepal has many other things in common with India. Many medical institutions in Nepal are approved by the Medical Council of India (MCI). Some of the best medical universities in the Nepal are Tribhuvan University, Kathmandu University, B.P. Koirala Institute of Health Sciences, etc. These universities have many colleges under them that offer quality MD MS programs. Based on the merit, these institutions select students for MD MS admission.
Nepal is a preferred location for MBBS MD Medical Education, especially for the Indian students owing to a number of reasons. The high quality education provided by these renowned institutes, competitive fee structure, and less complicated documentation are among few reasons, for Indian students choosing this country for higher education. Education System in Nepal is similar in lines to that of India and strictly follows MCI syllabus and Indian Medical books. The duration of the course for pursuing MD MS in Nepal is the same as India. Unlike the other countries, candidates do not require any Visa to study in Nepal. Many of the Medical Colleges in Nepal are approved by the Medical Council of India and even curriculum of MBBS course is similar to that followed in Indian counterparts. Being an English and Hindi speaking region, Indian students find it much easier to communicate with the people of this country.
Eligibility Criteria for MD/MS In Nepal
The following are the minimum eligibility criteria for admission in Nepal:
- MBBS from any recognized university or any equivalent degree.
- Completion of one-year internship is mandatory.
- Should have Medical Council registration in the respective country.
MD/MS Admission in Nepal
NEET PG is not mandatory to take admission to PG Medical courses in Nepal. These two colleges in which all branches of MD/MS are recognized by the Medical Council of India (MCI). They are the B.P. Koirala Institute of Health Sciences and the Institute of Medicine (IOM).
B P Koirala Institute of Health Sciences, Dharan
B P Koirala Institute of Health Sciences, Dharan : Admission Process
B.P. Koirala Institute of Health Sciences (BPKIHS) was established in the year1993 and was later upgraded to an autonomous Health Sciences University on October 28, 1998, with a mandate to work towards developing a competent health workforce, providing health care, and engaging in health research. The Institute is located in eastern Nepal. All the MD/MS, MSc, and MPH degrees are recognized by respective councils of Nepal and several MD/MS degrees (Anesthesiology, Dermatology and Venereology, Orthopedics, Pediatrics, Surgery, Radiology, Psychiatry, Otorhinolaryngology, Medicine, Pharmacology and Gynecology & Obstetrics) are recognized by Medical Council of India (MCI) as well. MSc in basic sciences are available in Human Anatomy, Human Physiology, Medical Biochemistry and Medical Microbiology.
MBBS Fees in Nepal
|Exam||BPKIHS Entrance Exam 2023|
|Exam Conducting Body||BP Koirala Institute of Health Science|
|Courses Offered||BSc. (Basic Science and Nursing), MBBS, BDS, MD, MS, MDS, DM, PHD, MDHA, MPH, Fellowship in Emergency Medicine.|
|Mode of Exam||Offline|
|Exam Duration||3 hours|
|Type of Questions||MCQ|
B P Koirala conducts separate entrance examination for MD/MS admission in Nepal. Students including Indians must appear and qualify in this exam to get admission in this College. Qualifying marks are 40%. The seat is allotted according to Rank Secured in this Entrance Test. This entrance exam is conducted in the month of May.
BP Koirala Institute of Health Science : PG Medical Counselling 2023
BPKIHS 2023 PG entrance exam result is expected around the last week of september 2023. BPKIHS PG Counselling 2023 will be held after the announcement of results. Candidates will be shortlisted for the medical counselling on the basis of Merit List. Candidates must carry the required documents such as mark sheets, transfer certificate, and admit card, photographs and relevant certificates.
Institute of Medicine, Kathmandu
Institute of Medicine, Kathmandu : Admission Process
The Institute of Medicine (IOM) was established in the year 1972 under Tribhuvan University with the mandate and the responsibility of training all the categories of health manpower needed in the country. Institute of Medicine, Kathmandu conducts separate entrance examination for MD/MS admission in Nepal. Students including Indians must appear and qualify in this exam to get admission in this College. Qualifying marks are 40%. The seat is allotted according to Rank Secured in this Entrance Test. This entrance exam is conducted in the month of March.
Courses Offered by IOM, Kathmandu
- MD Anesthesiology.
- MD Dermatology, Venereology & Leprolopy.
- MD Internal Medicine.
- MD Obstetrics &Gynecology.
- MD Ophthalmology.
- MD Pediatrics.
- MD Psychiatry.
- MD Radio diagnosis.
- MS ENT.
- MS General Surgery.
- MS Orthopedics.
- MD GP & Emergency Medicine.
- MD Pathology.
MD MS Entrance Exam
- MD/MS: 100 MCQ from Basic Science and Clinical Science.
- Marks: 100 andQualifying Marks is 50.
- Exam Duration: 2 Hours.
MD MS PG Medical Admission
- Candidates must have passed entrance examination held by IOM, Kathmandu. Open house/online Counselling is heldon merit basis for PG Medical Admission.
MD MS MDS Tuition Fee
- Within SAARC USD 48,375.00
- Out of SAARC USD 53,750.00
- All information regarding the availability of seats, tuition fee, and the process for admission for 2023 will be published at www.iom.edu.np.
Documents Required for PG Medical Admission
- Entrance Examination Admit Card.
- Original mark sheet of SLC / Class 10 / matriculation.
- Original transcript of I. Sc. or Class XII or A level examination.
- Original certificates and mark sheets/ transcripts of MBBS for MD/MS/MDHA.
- Migration certificate (MBBS/BDS).
- Character certificate (MBBS/BDS).
- Original Certificate of registration with medical council in their respective country.
- Any candidate who has been worked under the Ministry of Health must show original ‘No Objection Letter’ from the Ministry of Health at the time of application. Similarly, candidates working in other Public or private Institutions should also submit “No Objection Letter” from their current institution/employer. No other letters will be entertained.
- Original Citizenship/ Passport/ Voter ID card/ Domicile Certificate (will be returned after verification).