# India's First Abroad Preference
Study MBBS in Barbados
Barbados is one of the highly selected destinations for Medical Education not only by the Indian students but also by International students.
Study MBBS in Barbados
Barbados has proved to be one of the preferred destinations for the medical students around the world who wants to pursue MBBS abroad. The affordable fee structure and quality education attracts many students from various countries. The standard of education is similar to that of the US as this country follows the US education system and curriculum. The medical university graduates in Barbados are given the opportunity to attend various international seminars and conferences. This helps in their development as a successful doctor. The cost of the complete course in Barbados is quite affordable as compared to the U.S., Korea, Japan, and the other European countries. Barbados has top medical universities which offers world-class education with high-quality standards and well-experienced staff. The MBBS degree and other medical degrees obtained from Barbados medical university are recognized by MCI. Medical students studying in Barbados medical universities also get a chance to do a clinical rotation program of 2 years in teaching hospitals in the USA and UK which is a great opportunity for them.
Know about Barbados
Barbados is a small island country in the Lesser Antilles, America. It is situated in the western area of the North Atlantic and 100 km east of Windward Islands and the Caribbean Sea. The name ‘Barbados’ is derived from the bearded fig trees which were found in abundance at some point of time. This island is completely surrounded by the Atlantic Ocean. Barbados is a mix of culture, food, nature, sea, and the amazing climate. The climate in Barbados from June to November is rainy and from December to May, the weather is dry. Barbados weather is generally warm and sunny with an average daytime high of 30°C / 86°F. Barbados is a member of the World Trade Organization (WTO) and participates actively. English is the official language in use.
Eligibility Criteria for MBBS in Barbados
The following are the minimum eligibility criteria for admission in Barbados:
- The candidate should be above 17 years and below 25 years as on or before 31st December of the particular admission year.
- He/she should have passed class 12th in Science, with PCB and English subjects from a board which is recognized by the authorities in India.
- The candidate should have secured at least 50% in 12th with Physics, Chemistry, and Biology as the major subjects.
- SC/OBC/ST candidates must have at least 40% in 12th with the same subjects as that for the UR candidates.
- He/she should have qualified NEET.
- Only regular students are eligible for the program. Students of the open school are not eligible.
Reasons/Why to Study MBBS in Barbados
- MBBS degree from Barbados medical university is recognized by WHO and UNESCO and is globally accepted.
- No entrance test is the required for admission which makes the admission process much easier.
- Students are provided with practical experiments to improve their skills in a better way.
- The quality of infrastructure, medical education, and accommodation are comparable to other developed countries.
- The hospitals are very well equipped with great infrastructure and technology.
- The medium of teaching is English which helps the medical students from around the world to learn better.
- The standard of education is similar to that of the US as this country follows the US education system and curriculum.
- The graduates from Barbados medical universities are given the opportunity to attend multiple international seminars and conferences. This helps the candidates in their development as successful doctors.
- The cost of the entire MBBS course is quite affordable as compared to the U.S, Korea, Japan, and the other European countries.
- Barbados has top class medical universities which offer world-class education with high-quality standards and very well-experienced staff.
MCI approved Top Medical Universities in Barbados
- American University of Barbados
- American University of Integrative Sciences
- Bridgetown International University
- Lincoln American University
- University of the West Indies
- Victoria University of Barbados
RECOGNITION OF BARBADOS MEDICAL UNIVERSITIES
- MCI (Medical Council of India).
- WHO (World Health Organization).
- WFME (World Federation for Medical Education).
- ECFMG (Educational Commission for Foreign Medical Graduates).
- FAIMER’s IMED (Foundation for Advancement of International Medical Education and Research’s International Medical Education Directory)
- ACGME (Accreditation Council for Graduate Medical Education)
MBBS ADMISSION PROCESS IN BARBADOS
Admission to MBBS in Barbados is open to all the foreign students, who are fulfilling the eligibility criteria. The applicants are not required to clear any entrance exam like TOEFL or IELTS but they must have a valid NEET Scorecard. Candidates can then visit the medical college to full fill the further proceedings in the context of admission.
DOCUMENTS REQUIRED FOR MBBS ADMISSION IN BARBADOS
- Duly filled application form and resume.
- Passport with three notarized photocopies.
- Passport size photographs.
- Birth certificate.
- Class 10th & 12th mark sheets.
- Scanned copy of NEET UG scorecard.
- Eligibility Certificate from the Medical Council of the concerned country.
- Medical Certificate.
- NOC for supporting the finances.
Other Abroad MBBS Destinations:
NEET PG Admission 2023 | Application Form | Important Dates | Results
PG Medical Admission In Nepal
Pave Your Way: Study MBBS In India
Information About NEET PG Counselling 2022 You Need To Know!
Study MBBS in Abroad
Choose from top institutions. Your Chanakya have works directly with institution.