# India's First Abroad Preference
Study MBBS in Georgia
Georgia is one of the highly selected destinations for Medical Education not only by the Indian students but also by International students.
Study MBBS in Georgia
Georgia is emerging as a preferred destination for pursuing MBBS among the Indian and International students those who wish to study in the European country due to its affordable fee and the comparatively lower cost of living. The medical universities at Georgia are approved by the Medical Council of India (MCI), United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO) and World Health Organization (WHO) and are also listed in the international medical directories like International Medical Educational Directory (IMED) and World Directory of Medical Faculties (WDOMS). Most universities in Georgia do not ask for any entrance test qualifications like IELTS or TOEFL. The students are provided with a high-class education with the best laboratory and infrastructure facilities. Thestudents are also eligible to pursue further higher education or work at the healthcare centers in various parts of the world by making them highly competent. In addition, there are no donations to be paid for the admission and there are also opportunities for the students to get scholarships on their tuition fees. The medium of instruction is English and the climatic conditions also compliment the study program.
The duration of MBBS in Georgia is designed for 6 years which includes 5 years of study and 1 year of internship program. The students have the opportunity to attend various seminars and conferences. The students are also provided with various amenities at the universities like heaters during the winter months, library facilities with a large collection of standard books for the students to refer. The internship at the end of the 5th year helps the students get imbibed in the healthcare centers to pursue their career forward as a doctor. The students get the exposure to the beautiful European culture during their course of study.
Know about Georgia
Georgia is a Eurasian country located in the Caucasus region of Eurasia. Georgia shares its borders with the Black Sea in the west, Russia in the north, Turkey and Armenia in the south and Azerbaijan in the Southeast. Tbilisi is the capital of Georgia and it is also the largest state in Georgia. Georgia does not belong to the European Union (EU). Georgia is a representative democratic parliamentary republic with the President and the Prime Minister heading the state. Georgia is a member of international bodies like United Nations and many others. Georgia has also earned the name of being the World’s number one economic reformer by the World Bank. Georgia has a continental climate with an average of 20oC – 24oC during the summer (hottest month – July) and 2oC – 4oC during the winter (coldest month – January) and there are heavy rains during the autumn season. The biodiversity is very rich in Georgia and 4 places are recognized as a world heritage sites by UNESCO. The official language of Georgia is Georgian. The majority of the population follow Eastern Orthodox Christianity as their religion. Georgia has a rich and diverse cultural heritage. Georgia is also famous for its physical education with the famous sports including football, basketball, wrestling, rugby union, judo and weightlifting.
Eligibility Criteria for MBBS in Georgia
The following are the minimum eligibility criteria for admission in Georgia:
- Student must be 17 years of age before 31st of December of the admission year.
- The student must have passed 10+2 standards with Physics, Chemistry, and Biology. The student must have secured a minimum of 50% aggregate. If the student belongs to OBC/SC/ST, a minimum of 40% aggregate is required.
- Student must have a valid NEET score.
- Qualification in IELTS/TOEFL is required for certain universities.
- The student must have studied English as a subject.
Benefits/Why to Study MBBS in Georgia
- Affordable fee structure.
- Comparatively low cost of living.
- High quality education.
- Safe environment for the students.
- English as a medium of instruction.
- Universities approved by Medical Council of India (MCI), United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO) and World Health Organization (WHO).
- Universities listed in medical educational directories like International Medical Educational Directory (IMED) and World Directory of Medical Faculties (WDOMS).
- Worldwide recognized degree programme.
- Opportunities for higher studies and internships both within and outside Georgia.
- Well-developed infrastructure with comfortable amenities like hostel, food, transport, etc.
MCI approved Top Medical Universities in Georgia
- University of Georgia
- East European University (EEU)
- European University (Formerly: European Teaching University)
- Tbilisi Medical Academy
- Georgian American University, Georgia
- Geomedi Medical University
- Batumi Shota Rustaveli State University
- Akaki Tsereteli State University
- High Medical School “Ayeti”
- David Tvildiani Medical University
- Ivane Javakhishvili Tbilisi State University
- New Vision University, Georgia
- Caucasus International University
- Tbilisi State Medical University
- Tbilisi Public University “Metekhi”
- Tbilisi Medical University “Hippocrates”
- Teaching University Geomedi, Georgia
MBBS Fees in Georgia
|Name of the University||Tuition Fees / Year|
|Ivane Javakhishvili Tbilisi State University||6000 USD|
|Akaki Tsereteli University||3750 USD|
|European Teaching University||5500 USD|
|Batumi Shota Rustaveli State University||6500 USD|
|David Tvildiani Medical University||6000 USD|
|New Vision University, Georgia||7500 USD|
|Tbilisi Open Teaching University||4500 USD|
|University of Georgia||6000 USD|
ADMISSION PROCEDURE FOR MBBS AT GEORGIA
Well if you are planning to pursue MBBS in Georgia, the process of MBBS admission is very simple and hassle-free. So, if you are interested in taking up the MBBS program from Georgia, then you can check the eligibility criteria of getting the admission into the medical colleges of Georgia, and then visit the medical college to full fill the further proceedings in the context of admission. Also, make sure to process the insurance during the course of visa processing.
DOCUMENTS REQUIRED FOR ADMISSION TO MBBS AT GEORGIA
- A valid passport.
- Passport size photographs.
- Proof of age (birth certificate).
- 10th & 12th Mark sheets/transcript cards.
- Acceptance letter from the college.
- Medical health certificate.
- Authorization letter.
- Scanned copy of NEET UG Scorecard.
- Clearance Certificate of Police (PCC, Obtained after Receiving Passport).
- Bank Statement.
- NOC for supporting the finances.
Other Abroad MBBS Destinations:
NEET PG Admission 2023 | Application Form | Important Dates | Results
PG Medical Admission In Nepal
Pave Your Way: Study MBBS In India
Information About NEET PG Counselling 2022 You Need To Know!
Study MBBS in Abroad
Choose from top institutions. Your Chanakya have works directly with institution.