# India's First Abroad Preference
Study MBBS in Philippines
Philippines is one of the highly selected destinations for Medical Education not only by the Indian students but also by International students.
Study MBBS in Philippines
Philippines is an apt choice for many Indian and International students for pursuing an MBBS degree abroad with an affordable fee structure. Many medical universities in the Philippines are approved by the Medical Council of India and are recognized globally too. The medical universities of Philippines are also listed in many global directories like IMED and ECFMG. The students are also eligible for the international medical examination on passing the UG degree. The system of education in the Philippines is similar to that of the United States which provides the students an edge over the others for a great career opportunity.
The course structure for medicine in Philippines is a bit different from the others. The degree offered in Philippines called MD program and not MBBS. The MD program is equivalent to the MBBS degree in UK, India, Pakistan and other Commonwealth countries. The total duration is about 6 years, the first two years is a BS course which offers a basic degree in basic sciences. On passing the BS degree, the student has to clear a national entrance examination to pursue the medical degree called the MD which extends for a period of 4 years. Students can also directly join the MD course in Philippines, which is MBBS in other countries if they have a Bachelor of Science degree. After the completion of the course, the students will be appointed as interns in the local healthcare centers. It is approved by MCI, WHO, and FAIMER. Also, English being the medium of instruction breaks the communication barrier to the students if any. The higher level of practical sessions, experienced teaching faculty in the medical colleges of Philippines has gained significant popularity around the world. The infrastructure of the Philippines medical universities, the curriculum, and atmosphere in the colleges make it a preferred destination of education for international students.
Know about Philippines
Philippines, officially called as the Republic of Philippines is a country in the Southeast Asia. Manila is the capital of Philippines and the Quezon city is a populous and a highly urbanized city. The climate is usually hot and humid. The temperature ranges from 21oC (70oF) to 32oC (90oF) with January being the coldest and May being the hottest months. Filipino & English are the official languages in Philippines. The constitution also promotes Spanish and Arabic languages either voluntarily or optionally. Philippines is officially a secular state with rich cultural heritage.
Philippines is a founding member of the United Nations, World Trade Organization, Association of Southeast Asian Nations, the Asia-Pacific Economic Co-operation forum and the East Asia Summit. Philippines is the headquarters of the Asian Development Bank. Philippines is an emerging market and a newly industrialized country. Philippines is an active human rights council participant and has a part in many peace keeping missions around the world.
Eligibility Criteria for MBBS in Philippines
The following are the minimum eligibility criteria for admission in Philippines:
- The candidate should be above 17 years and below 25 years old as on or before 31st December of the admission year.
- He/she should have passed class 12th in Science, with Physics, Chemistry, Biology (PCB) and English subjects from a board recognized by the authorities in India.
- The candidate should have secured at least 50% in 12th with Physics, Chemistry, and Biology as the major subjects.
- SC/OBC/ST candidates must have at least 40% in 12th with the same subjects as that for the UR candidates.
- National Medical Admission Test (NMAT) is the common admission test to MD, conducted by all medical schools, colleges and universities in Philippines. It is compulsory for the students to pass the NMAT to advance to the 4 years MD Course.
- Only regular students are eligible. Students of the open school are not eligible.
Benefits/Why to Study MBBS in Philippines
- High-quality education.
- Safe and similar environment as in India.
- Affordable fee structure.
- English is the medium of instruction.
- Approved by MCI, WHO, FAIMER, IMED, ECFMG.
- Globally recognized degree.
- Great internships and career opportunities.
- Well-equipped laboratories and state-of-art infrastructure and facilities.
- Hands on training during the entire course of study.
- Affordable cost of living.
MCI approved Top Medical Universities in Philippines
- AMA School of Medicine, Manila
- Our Lady of Fatima University, Venezuela
- University of Medicine, Manila
- Cebu Doctors University College of Medicine
- Davao Medical School Foundation
- University of Perpetual Help, Manila
- Lyceum Northwestern University
- Bicol Christian College of Medicine
- Angeles University Foundation
- Emilio Aguinaldo College of Medicine
- Cagayan state university
- Manila State University
- DE LA SALLE Health sciences Institute
RECOGNITION OF ARMENIA MEDICAL UNIVERSITIES
- MCI (Medical Council of India).
- WHO (World Health Organization).
- WFME (World Federation for Medical Education).
- ECFMG (Educational Commission for Foreign Medical Graduates).
MBBS FEES IN PHILIPPINES UNIVERSITIES
The fees for the MBBS degree at Philippines ranges from 10-25lacs in different universities. The cost for the visa renewal and conversion and the hostel charges are to be paid annually along with the tuition fee. The cost of living is very cheap in Philippines as compared to the other countries. The following are the approximate fee for the various medical universities at Philippines.
|University||Fees (in Peso)|
|AMA School of Medicine||10,50,000|
|Bicol Christian College of Medicine||8,13,000|
|Cagayan state university||2,58,264|
|Cebu Doctors University College of Medicine||12,54,000|
|DE LA SALLE Health sciences Institute||17,97,253|
|Emilio Aguinaldo College of Medicine||9,34,936|
|Manila State University||15,34,000|
|Our Lady of Fatima University||5,69,700|
|University of Perpetual Help||11,00,000|
ADMISSION PROCEDURE FOR MBBS AT PHILIPPINES
Well if you are planning to pursue MBBS in Philippines, the process of MBBS admission is very simple and hassle free. So, if you are interested in taking up the MBBS program from Philippines, then you can check the eligibility criteria of getting the admission into the medical colleges of Philippines, and then visit the medical college to full fill the further proceedings in the context of admission.
DOCUMENTS REQUIRED FOR ADMISSION TO MBBS AT PHILIPPINES
- Photocopy of Passport.
- Passport size photographs.
- Birth certificate and 10th & 12th Mark Sheets.
- Scanned copy of NEET UG Scorecard.
- Clearance Certificate of Police (PCC, Obtained after Receiving Passport).
- Bank Statement.
- NOC for supporting the finances.
- Acceptance letter from the college.
- Medical health certificate.
- Police clearance certificate from the Philippines embassy.
Other Abroad MBBS Destinations:
NEET PG Admission 2023 | Application Form | Important Dates | Results
PG Medical Admission In Nepal
Pave Your Way: Study MBBS In India
Information About NEET PG Counselling 2022 You Need To Know!
Study MBBS in Abroad
Choose from top institutions. Your Chanakya have works directly with institution.